Informed Consent & Client File Requests – Developing Policies and Practices
November 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A sense of chaos or a sense of calm? Which one do you experience when thinking about how you presently handle Informed Consent processes or requests for client files?
Whether you are just starting out in practice and this is all new to you, or you want to brush up on your understanding around this important topic, this webinar will help you:
- Understand what informed consent really is and how to ensure CRPO standards are being met in your practice (Hint – it’s much more than getting a signature on a form!)
- Understand your role as a Health Information Custodian in relation to client file requests
- Learn how to develop policies and implement consistent practices for informed consent and client file requests
- Discover resources to assist you with the informed consent process and client file requests that enhance the therapeutic alliance
- Meet CRPO regulator practice standards relating to informed consent and handling client file requests
This webinar will cover both the CRPO practice standard 3.2 for consent and CRPO practice standard 3.2 for confidentiality.
Following a walk-through of the session note taking process, participants in this webinar will have an opportunity to work in small groups to discuss a brief fictitious client scenarios putting into practice the skills learned in the webinar followed up with feedback from peers and the facilitator.
This is a live webinar only as it is both didactic and experiential (following CRPO’s Quality Assurance descriptions).
This webinar will not be recorded for replay.
About the facilitator:
Psychotherapy is an encore career for Liane Wood following over 25 years as a registered insurance broker and chartered insurance professional. During her career in insurance, Liane spent significant time in management positions including holding ownership in two different independent insurance brokerages. She has extensive experience in designing and implementing processes and workflows.
Since becoming a psychotherapist, Liane has focused on creating processes and workflows for psychotherapy practice in her own practice by taking numerous courses in clinical documentation, ethics and psychotherapy practice issues, and has infused this with her past career experience. In addition to clinical supervision, she now helps other psychotherapists with systems and processes in their practices.
In 2021, Liane created and ran the highly successful RP Best Business Practices Seminar Series through the Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists (OSRP) and is the lead developer and creator of OSRP’s Mentorship Program launched in 2022.
Date: November 25th, 2022
Time: 1:00pm EST to 3:00pm EST
Investment: $100.00 + HST = $113.00
Space is limited. Register Here.